Encinal Lunch and Recess Reminders
Lunch and recess expectations are reviewed in all classrooms in order to ensure a safe and happy lunch period.†Posters with visual cues are presented to remind the children of rules and procedures.
Encinal students are polite and well behaved; however, they occasionally need reminders and a chance to calm down before returning to play. Children who behave unsafely will sit in a time out section. Yard supervisors will notify teachers and the office staff via our incident report form and teachers will follow up with phone calls to parents.
Be respectful to others, our school and to nature.
- Bring everything you need for lunch.
- Sit at your assigned table.
- Keep your bottom on the bench and feet on the ground.
- Raise your hand if you need permission to use the bathroom or get a drink.
- Wait for the yard supervisor to dismiss you.
- Clean up your own trash/compostables after you are dismissed.
- Play only in supervised, visible areas (no hiding).
- Allow everyone to play.
- Climb only play structure equipment (not fences or trees)
- Leave grass, tanbark, sticks and rocks on the ground
- Ask an adult for help if you think you need to go to the office.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself (no fighting, kicking, grabbing, etc.)
- Use appropriate language (no swearing or put downs)
- Stay in bounds. Out of Bounds: beyond the track on TERC property, courtyards, walkways, classrooms without an adult, hallways, bushes and trees around fences, garden, parking lots or areas beyond the 4 square courts next to Middlefield
- Follow school rules.
- Go down the slide, one at a time
- Hang on the bars (never stand or sit on top), no cherry drops
- Use jump ropes for jumping only
- Use balls for bouncing or tossing (never hitting people)
- a swing turn consists of 50 complete swings (back and forth once is a complete swing)